Sunday, July 10, 2011

Personal Collection

So I have been hoarding this pendant for a while now its an ammonite fossil, they lived in the seas between 240 - 65 million years ago, when they became extinct along with the dinosaurs. Pretty cool to be able to wear that on a necklace.

The back is pretty rough, but when you flip it over it's just beautiful. It has a lot of depth and color to it that the camera just doesn't pick up on, I really want to make something nice and unique. I can't decide on what to do though, I was thinking of using some brown jasper, big pink Apache ball beads, wood disk beads or maybe even some of the rougher looking turquoise balls might give a nice contrast.  Hoping to match it to a bracelet that I made years ago, was thinking on adding some wire wrapping on it or a simple silver border around the edges. But I'm not sure how good my skills are for that, it's been a while and I don't want to ruin it. I'm really in love with the idea of making something new out of something so old but I want to keep the old feel and look that it has, I wish I had the skills to make something as lovely as these! That ring is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment